Concept & Innovation Manager
The Concept & Innovation manager is responsible for ensuring that the business has a pipeline of winning new products to drive annual business performance. Working across our portfolio of beauty and home categories, you will be accountable for generating and identifying powerful consumer insights and new product concepts. You will be responsible for the successful commercialization of the NPD by working closely with buying and sourcing, project management and sales.
Primarily the manager is responsible for:
- Global and Local lead for new concepts, innovations and product development, long-term planning, delivery of innovation for the total beauty and home portfolio
- Identifying, assessing and championing new product growth opportunities, including: developing a compelling innovation strategy and pipeline, conducting category/competitive analysis to validate size of opportunities; market validation of innovation ideas; Operations and sourcing validation of the manufacturing strategy; Finance validation of Gross Margin
- Leveraging marketing insights and trends to gain deep understanding of target customers and define unmet consumer needs and to identify white space opportunities
- Aligning opportunities with client strategy and Sales goals
- Leading new product initiatives in collaboration with cross-functional teams – from initial idea through to commercialization using a stage gate process
- Propose and drive strategy of the category of which the Senior Product Manager is in charge
- Recommend new product concepts based on category knowledge, market intelligence and own creativity.
We would love to hear from you if:
The successful candidate will have significant experience within a Regional or International organisation, working within a Marketing or Innovation Manager role, in a consumer goods/ beauty sector. Additionally, you will have:
- University or Bachelor (WO/HBO) degree with at least 7-10 years experience.
- A proven track record in delivering strategic NPD that demonstrate measurable success
- Extensive exposure to, and very strong understanding of, the technical aspects of developing and manufacturing consumer beauty and home products
- Mastery in the identification and usage of consumer insights and trends to create winning NPD
- Extensive experience in briefing packaging and design development agencies.
- Flexibility and agility to identify quickly responses to markets and trends. Affinity and strong love for beauty, care and home products.
- Ability to forge strong working relationships internally and externally. Can foster strong cross-functional relationships and build effective project teams
- Self-motivation, with the ability to think strategically and use initiative. Team player who is able to drive own agenda and work autonomously within a framework
- ‘Can do’ pragmatic attitude with a strong personal drive to achieve.
- Strong Commercial and Financial awareness, demonstrating an understanding of the impact of actions on cost and margin
- Creative Mind with strong passion and in-depth knowledge of the beauty industry is essential as well as a self-motivated and positive nature to succeed in this role.
- Digitally and social media savvy
- You are fluent in English. Other languages such Dutch or French are a plus.
What we offer
As a Concept & Innovation Manager you will enjoy being part of an energetic and hands-on team, excited about beauty and home care. You will work with passionate and talented colleagues who inspire and support each other. We have fun and celebrate successes together, but we are also not afraid to roll up our sleeves and get the job done. We work hard and play hard!
On top of that you will get:
- An inspiring job in a highly skilled international company.
- Lots of opportunities to grow, both personally and professionally.
- A competitive salary based on experience and seniority.
- Good benefits.
- Of course, a great bunch of colleagues.
Who we are
The Innovative Beauty Group (IBG), is a global one-stop-beauty-shop. Partnering with our clients as an extension of their teams, we bring beauty vision to life. Within our group, three brands complement each other to create synergies:
- Fasten – has a passion for packaging and designs innovative beauty concepts;
- Orchard Custom Beauty – creates and develops turnkey beauty products for color cosmetics, skin care, personal care and home care as well as gifts with purchase;
- Travel Designer – designs turnkey kits for airlines and cruise ships that include beauty products.
Together we are concept builders with global capabilities. We are always on the lookout for beauty gurus, who are innovative, enthusiastic, resourceful and forward thinking.